Internet Governance Forum Support Association (IGFSA)
2015 General Assembly
João Pessoa, 11 November 2015
1. The IGFSA held its Second General Assembly during the 2015 IGF in on 11 November 2015 at the Poeta Ronaldo Cunha Lima Conference Center in João Pessoa, Brazil. 25 Members attended the meeting. All but one Executive Committee Members were also in attendance. Mr. Virat Bahtia had excused himself, as he was unable to travel to Brazil. The Chair of the Executive Committee, Mr Raùl EcheberríaEchberria, presided over the General Assembly.
2. The following agenda had been circulated prior to the meeting and was approved by consensus by all members present:
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Appointment of three members of the Executive Committee
- Noting the contents of the reports and financial statements for the year and voting on their adoption
- Approval of the annual budget, based upon a recommendation by the Executive Committee
- Granting the discharge to the Executive Committee
- Determining Membership dues.
- Any Other Business
Appointment of the three members of the Executive Committee
3. The Chair explained that in order to allow for a staggered rotation of its members, the Executive Committee had decided to open three seats every year to be refilled by election. This had been communicated on the membership list and members had been invited to declare their candidatures if interested to stand for election. It was understood that the Executive Committee Members whose seat had been opened for re-election would also be allowed to stand as candidates to serve for another three-year-term on the Executive Committee. For 2015, the seats of Ms. Marilyn Cade, Ms. Subi Chaturvedi and Mr, Edmon Chung were opened for re-election by drawing lots. The Chair asked whether there were candidates in the room. As there were no other candidates the three incumbents were re-elected by acclamation for another three-year term..
Noting the contents of the reports and financial statements for the year and voting on their adoption
4. The Chair presented the First Year Report on IGFSA Activities. The report can be found here and describes how funds were collected through donation and membership and how those funds were allocated since the inception of the IGFSA. The General Assembly took not of the report.
Approval of the annual budget, based upon a recommendation by the Executive Committee
5. The Chair presented the following percentage allocation figures for the 2016 IGFSA Budget:
|15%||Regional National IGFs|
The budget was approved by the General Assembly without any objection.
Granting the discharge to the Executive Committee
6. At the request of he Chair, the General Assembly grant the discharge to the IGFSA Executive Committee.
Determining Membership dues.
7. The General Assembly agreed to keep the membership dues unchanged, that is for the Individual Annual Membership at USD 25 and the Corporate Annual Membership at USD 100. It was noted that these are considered to be a minimum and all members were encouraged to contribute more than the mere duesAs.
Any Other Business
8. As there was not item proposed for discussion under Any Other Business the Chair invited all members to attend the Third General Assembly, to be held in conjuction with the 2016 IGF Meeting, and closed the 2015 General Assembly of the Association.
Geneva, 30 Novmber 2014
Tarek Kamel Markus Kummer
for the Executive Committee for the Secretariat
for the Secretaria