Internet Governance Forum Support Association (IGFSA)
35th meeting of the Executive Committee
6 November 2019
- The Executive Committee held its 35th meeting on 6 November 2019. The meeting took place in a Montreal, Canada, in the margins of the ICANN meeting held there. The following members took parts in the meeting: Marilyn Cade, Edmon Chung, Makane Faye, (participating remotely), Markus Kummer (Chair), Jimson Olufuye (Treasurer), Eduardo Santoyo; Jennifer Chung (Secretary).
- A quorum was established for the meeting, with six of the eight Executive Committee members taking part in the meeting.
- The Executive Committee honoured the memory of Tarek Kamel, who had passed away on 8 October 2019 and conveyed its condolences to his family.
- The Executive Committee decided to appoint Nigel Hickson, ICANN’s Vice-President for Europe, to replace Tarek for the remainder of his term which will end at the General Assembly 2020. Nigel was also authorized to provide the second signature for all banking operations.
- In addition, the Executive Committee also authorized IGFSA’s accountant, Michael Parratt of C.M.A.C Accountancy, to execute payments under the supervision of the Treasurer.