Internet Governance Forum Support Association (IGFSA)
38th meeting of the Executive Committee
15 October 2020
Draft Summary Records
1. The Executive Committee held its 38th meeting on 15 October 2020. The meeting took place in a virtual setting with the following participants: Markus Kummer (Chair), Avri Doria, Edmon Chung, Jimson Olufuye, Nigel Hickson, Nilmini Rubin and the IGFSA Secretariat: Jennifer Chung, Kelvin Truong.
A quorum was not established for the meeting, with seven of the nine Executive Committee members taking part in the call.
2. The Chair took note of Nilmini Rubin’s resignation from the IGFSA Executive Committee. The IGFSA Executive Committee accepted her resignation and thanked her for her service.
3. There was discussion of adoption of the summary record for the 2019 General Assembly with a 24 hour review period before final adoption.
4. The Secretariat reported that there were four Statements of Interest received for the Executive Committee Election for the five open seats. There was discussion regarding gender and geographic balance. The EC agreed that there should be an extension of deadlines for payment of membership dues and SOI submission as below:
- 19 Oct: payment of membership dues for prospective candidates
- 21 Oct: SOI submission deadline
- 23 Oct: deadline for payment of membership dues
- 29 Oct 23:59 UTC deadline for casting of ballots.
5. The Secretariat gave an overview the elections platform and voting procedures were discussed. The EC elected outgoing EC member Avri Doria to serve as Elections officer to oversee procedures and to audit voting platform mechanisms. It was agreed that voting will still occur even if the received SOIs are fewer than the open seats. Balloting details were also discussed and the Secretariat will share the ballot design with the Election officer before deployment.
6. The Chair gave a quick update regarding the financials. He confirmed that the Google sponsorship for Accessibility funding has been approved. The IGFSA contribution to the UN IGF trust fund was also confirmed at USD 10,000. The Chair noted that the full financial figures (including pending NRI support currently in process) will be included in the Annual Report 2019-2020.