Internet Governance Forum Support Association (IGFSA)
47th meeting of the Executive Committee
27 April 2021
- The Executive Committee held its 47th meeting on 27 April 2021. The meeting took place in a virtual setting with the following participants: Markus Kummer (Chair), Wisdom Donkor, Joyce Chen, Chris Mondini; IGFSA Secretariat: Jennifer Chung. Apologies received from Brian Cute and Nigel Hickson. A quorum was established for the meeting, with four of the eight Executive Committee members taking part in the call.
- The agenda for the meeting and the minutes of the 46th meeting were adopted with no objections.
- The update on the newsletter/LinkedIn profile campaign included discussions on the tribute to Makane Faye, the order of the Executive Committee profile spotlight, as well as scheduling NRI spotlights for strategic engagement for each region. There was a suggestion to see if IGFSA would like to have a statement/interview from the IGF 2021 host and the Secretariat took an action to informally enquire on this matter.
- The Secretariat confirmed that video interviews and clips would be archived on the IGFSA website and can look into creating a YouTube channel or other repository for IGFSA as necessary.
- There was a brief update on the ICANN funding status and it was confirmed that the invoicing is in progress. The Chair also gave an update regarding NRO funding support, and Joyce Chen noted that this item was tabled for the next NRO meeting (25 May). Wisdom Donkor noted that he will be following up with IDCR and also noted that the Secretariat has arranged for a call with GODAN to discuss areas of collaboration this week.
- Next meeting: Tuesday 11 May, 2021 12:00 UTC