Internet Governance Forum Support Association (IGFSA)

42nd meeting of the Executive Committee

16 February 2021

Draft Summary Record


  1. The Executive Committee held its 42nd meeting on 16 February 2021. The meeting took place in a virtual setting with the following participants: Markus Kummer (Chair), Chris Mondini, Jimson Olufuye, Joyce Chen, Nigel Hickson; IGFSA Secretariat: Jennifer Chung.  A quorum was established for the meeting, with five of the nine Executive Committee members taking part in the call.  Apologies were received from Brian Cute.


  1. Joyce Chen gave an update to the EC regarding all the changes and improvements made on the IGFSA website ( She highlighted the streamlined section content as well as the homepage segments.  There was some discussion on the presentation of announcements on the homepage and archived news posts.  A suggestion was made to implement a scrolling banner the main section on the homepage to further streamline the homepage aesthetics.  Similarly, there was also a suggestion for the organization logos to be shifted to a more prominent position with a scrolling option.


  1. The discussion on IGFSA membership benefits included suggestions on a possible annual/periodic newsletter which could be a packaging of testimonials from supported NRIs and/or invitation links on upcoming IGF/NRI activities, as appropriate. As regards the frequency of these communications, there was a preference for a bi-monthly or quarterly Different views were expressed as regards which NRIs to promote (IGFSA supported NRIs as opposed to all NRIs).


  1. There was agreement to tighten up the NRI funding criteria and make it mandatory to provide some basic information about the event. To achieve this goal, it was suggested that the funding request form should be updated accordingly.Action item:
    Joyce Chen and the Secretariat to update NRI funding request form.


  1. The Chair opened a brief discussion on funding from previous donors. Joyce Chen gave an update and noted that the NRO will make decision in mid-March regarding funding support.Action item:
    Chris Mondini informed the EC on his efforts regarding funding support from ICANN.


  1. AOB
    Action item:
    The Secretariat to set up an informal channel of communication between the EC and Secretariat.
    The Chair confirmed the scheduling for the next EC call for Tuesday 2 March 2021 12:00 UTC.