Internet Governance Forum Support Association (IGFSA)
12th meeting of the Executive Committee
21 October 2015
1. The Executive Committee held its twelfth meeting on 21 October 2015 via Webex and during the ICANN Meeting in Dublin, Ireland. The following members and staff were present or participated remotely:
Marilyn Cade, Tarek Kamel, Jimson Olufuye, Avri Doria, Edmon Chung; Markus Kummer and Kyle Shulman.
2. The meeting noted that there was a majority of the Executive Committee members taking part in the call and that therefore, as required by the Articles of Association, there was a quorum for holding a regular meeting.
3. The following agenda had been circulated prior to the call and was adopted as proposed:
A. Adoption of the Agenda
B. Approval of membership requests
C. Renewal of the Executive Committee
D. IGFSA@IGF: Annual General meeting
E. IGFSA Booth
4. Adoption of the Agenda
The agenda was adopted by the IGFSA Executive Committee.
5. Approval of membership requests
The following individuals were approved for membership to the IGFSA by the Executive
1. Mohit Saraswat
2. Miguel Ignacio
3. Judith Hellerstein*
4. Maria Rosa Gibellini*
5. Amparo Arango
*Had signed up prior but paid membership dues.
6. Renewal of the IGFSA Executive Committee
In the previous call, the Executive Committee agreed the most fair and logical manner to deal with this is to draw lots (for 1 year, 2 years or 3 years). Executive Committee Members’ names were placed in a bowl to draw IGFSA Executive Committee rotation positions.
The results are as follows:
Rotation for 2015:
Marilyn Cade, Subi Chaturvedi and Edmon Chung.
Virat Bhatia, Avri Doria and Raùl Echeberría.
Rotation for 2017:
Cheryl Miller, Jimson Olufuye, Tarek Kamel.
7. IGFSA@IGF: Annual General Meeting
The Second IGFSA General Assembly will be held on Wednesday 11 November during the mid-day lunch session. The Secretariat will be making arrangements for refreshments during the meeting and will be preparing a mission report for the activities the IGFSA was involved in during its first year of operation.
8. IGFSA Booth
The secretariat has sent out a schedule for Executive Committee Members to determine when they will be available to positions themselves at the IGFSA Booth in the IGF Village. The secretariat will be present the majority of the time at the booth and it was determined that Executive Committee presence will further enhance IGFSA membership acquisition. The Booth will host a raffle for tech devices to engage with IGF participants and increase visibility.