The 2021 IGFSA General Assembly is around the corner! The General Assembly is now listed on the official programme as an IGF 2021 pre-event. Please reserve the date:
Friday, 10 December 2021 – 11:45 to 12:45 UTC.
- Adoption of the agenda
- Approval of the Summary Record of the 2020 General Assembly
- Executive Committee election
- Adoption of the contents of the reports and financial statements for the year
- Approval of the annual budget, based upon a recommendation by the Executive Committee
- Decide on a modification of the Articles of Association, based upon a recommendation by the Executive Committee
- Release of obligations of the Executive Committee members
- Any Other Business
Note: All documents are drafts until approved by the General Assembly
IGFSA Executive Committee Election
Several positions on the Executive Committee will be open to be filled at the 2021 IGFSA General Assembly. We sadly lost Executive Committee member Makane Faye, and our current Executive Committee member, Jimson Olufuye, will be completing his second three year term on the Executive Committee. These positions can be filled. Our outgoing Executive Committee member, Jimson Olufuye, will be the Election Officer in charge of supervising the process. Election format and procedures can be found here.
Following the Submission of Statement of Interest (SOI) deadline, below is a list of verified/eligible candidates, having submitted their SOIs and membership dues prior to deadlines:
- Fiona Asonga | Statement of Interest | CV
- Amrita Choudhry | Statement of Interest
- Anriette Esterhuysen | Statement of Interest | CV
- Fotjon Kosta | Statement of Interest
- K Mohan Raidu | Statement of Interest
- Lawrence Olawale-Roberts | Statement of Interest
- Olusegun H Olugbile | Statement of Interest
Candidacy for Positions
In order to be eligible for nominations and for voting, members need to pay their membership dues. Some time is needed to check the validity of the SOIs and the votes, and this has been built into the deadlines as follows (see official announcement here):
- Payment of membership dues in order to be eligible as a candidate: Monday 15 November (23:59 UTC).
- Submission of Statement of Interest (SOI) to stand as a candidate: Monday 15 November (23:59 UTC).
- Payment for membership dues in order to be qualified for voting: Friday 19 November (23:59 UTC) Thu 25 November (23:59 UTC) (Extended).
- Ballots will be sent: Friday 26 November.
- Deadline for Casting your ballot: Friday 3 December (23:59 UTC).
We have streamlined online membership dues payment as unlike in previous years, we are unable to accept cash payments. Only members in good standing – that is members who have paid their membership dues, have voting rights and are eligible for the free positions on the Executive Committee. Members need to click the “Pay Membership Dues” button on the home page. On the “Membership Dues” page, members need to select their dues payment amount, input their full name, email address, (company name if corporate), and credit card/method of payment details. A tutorial on how to make payments is available here.
This page was last edited: Dec 3, 2021
Image credit: IGF2021 Logo courtesy Internet Governance Forum